Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Time to get back in the game!



I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with exercise!  I love the way that I feel when I exercise, I love the feeling of healthy!  It gives me more energy, it motivates me to want to make healthier food choices and it feels good to fit into my clothes!

 I am not particularly fond of trying to fit one more thing into the schedule and to be honest, the immediate needs of my family (meals, homework, housework, dirty diapers and activities)  is so cumbersome that by the time I get an opportunity to do something for myself, I much prefer a good cup of coffee and some piece and quiet.


I know I am not alone!  Anyone that knows me knows that a healthy lifestyle is a huge priority for me and my family.  It is my passion and I have spent numerous hours over the course of the years learning more about living a healthy lifestyle.  I have read books, researched the Internet, and followed blogs.  I drove myself crazy trying to feed my family a strictly "clean diet", tried eliminating gluten, tried cutting back on dairy, limiting mean, and followed many of the trends in the health community.  I have also observed the health of my grandparents and great grand parents and wondered how they could eat bacon and eggs  and bake with lard and live to be in their 90's.  Much of my research would make a great blog post for another day.

My most recent conclusion (and the one that has given me the most peace about what I feed my family) is that of balance and consistency...plain and simple! The best nutrition./exercise program that I can adopt is one that I know I will be able to stick to.  Sure I could do a complete over-hall of my pantry and schedule to make a healthier lifestyle more of a priority BUT...the reality is that there will be many interruptions to that plan.  So here is MY plan....make several small changes that will make the biggest impact!

1).  Drink 1 bottle of water with my greens in it.  For those of you that don't  know about It Works greens, they are amazing!  They detox, alkalize and provide you with an excellent boost of nutrition as well as enhancing your immune system.  They come in a berry or orange flavor.

Here is the link to purchase them if you are interested!  www.naturallywraptastic.myitworks.com




 2).  Include some exercise into my day.  I am a busy..busy...busy and almost always moving, so I know that I don't need to incorporate a ton of cardio into my fitness plan.  I can commit to 3 burst exercises that work the major muscle groups, boost metabolism and energize me, and do them in 5 sets of 12.  Exercises  such push-ups, jump squats, and bicycle crunches.

Hey it's a start!  I will keep you posted on my progress!









1 comment:

  1. Update! So far so good. I am not sure if I have lost any weight, BUT I feel great! What a difference the extra water and greens make! :)

    ReplyDelete